Last updated on August 8th, 2023
By using Genatec's services, you consent to the collection and use of personal information in accordance with the Policy.
“Personal information” in the Policy, includes device information.
Genatec collects the following information:
- Personally identifiable information such as name, telephone number and e-mail address obtained when submitting a form;
- Internet protocol address (IP address);
- The individual web pages or products you visit, the websites or search terms that referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with our website. This automatically collected information is called "device information/usage of data".
Usage data is collected automatically when browsing our website. We collect device information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
- Log files. Log files track actions taken on our website and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, date and time.
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web beacons and single-pixel gifs) which enable Genatec, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity). Cookies can be either "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
You provide most of the data we collect directly to Genatec We collect data and process data when you:
- Submit a form
- Use our website via cookies
- Place an order for one of our products or services
- Via contracts, quotes and invoices
Genatec collects your data so that we can:
- Communicating with you.
- In accordance with the preferences, you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising about our products or services.
- We use the device-related information we collect to help us detect potential risks and fraud (in particular, your IP address) and, more generally, to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analyses of how our customers navigate and interact with our website, and to evaluate the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Google Analytics: understanding how our customers use our website.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to protect our rights in any other way.
When you enter any of your information on our website, we will retain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete that information.
Genatec would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always unsubscribe at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes you can unsubscribe from some of these services by visiting the following unsubscribe portal, http://optout.aboutads.info/.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For more information on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") education page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can object to targeted advertising as follows
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your information, including personal data, is processed at our operating offices and at any other location where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that such information may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of this information represents your agreement to this transfer.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and no transfer of your personal data will take place to any organization or country unless there are adequate controls in place, including the security of your data and other personal information.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy notice.
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that it is not lost, misappropriated, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed inappropriately.
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: The provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: The processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Genatec is subject.
- Public interest: The processing of personal data is linked to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on Genatec.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Genatec. In all cases, Genatec will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to guarantee that you can exercise your rights under this Policy, and by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you cannot perform these actions yourself, don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance. This also allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Request the deletion of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to specific features of the services.
You may notify us by contacting us at or by mail at:
- Genatec Inc, 10330 Ch. Cote de Liesse, suite #240, Lachine, QC H8T 1A3
Some content, products and services available through our services may include elements from third parties.
Third party links on our website may direct you to third party web sites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of such sites, and we do not warrant or assume any responsibility for any content, website, products, services or other items accessible on or from such third-party sites.
We are not responsible for any harm or damage related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions conducted in connection with these third-party websites. Please read the policies and practices of third parties carefully and make sure you understand them before engaging in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding these third-party products should be submitted to these third parties.
If you have any questions about Genatec's Policy, the data we hold about you, or if you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer: Rosy Abi Nader.
- By sending us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail using at the below adress:
10330 Ch. Côte de Liesse, Suite #240, Lachine, QC H8T 1A3, Canada.